Skinny people may not have a problem with obesity, but weight gain is also a symptom of certain diseases. Dr. Puneet Nayak, CMD and Obesity Consultant of a reputed weight loss clinic reveals the top six effective diet tips to gain healthy weight.
Dr. Nayak points out that it is not easy to gain healthy weight, “It is difficult to gain healthy weight as much as it is painful to lose accumulated fats.” But consuming high-calorie foods in moderation and at interval, levels can help you gain weight. He says, “Healthy weight gain requires intake of calorie-rich plus nutrient-rich foods. High-calorie foods with lots of fat, sugar, or empty calories should be avoided. Consuming more empty-calorie foods like soft drinks, candy and chips is not a successful way.”
The nutrient value in food also makes a big difference to gain healthy weight. “The main purpose is to choose foods that are packed with vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and calories so that body receives a good amount of nutrition. Start with nutritious foods and then wherever you can enrich the foods with additional ingredients like yogurt, fruit, nuts, and healthy fats.”
Dr. Puneet Nayak chalks out the six effective diet tips to gain weight:
1) If you have a small appetite, eat five to six times a day. Drink fluids before and after meals, but not with them. This helps leave more room for food.
2) Top your usual foods with some concentrated calories, like grated cheese on a cup of chili. Spread peanut or almond butter on a whole-grain muffin.
3) Prepare hot oatmeal or other cereal with milk, not water. Add powdered milk, margarine, honey, dried fruits and/or nuts after cooking.
4) Garnish salads with healthy oils such as olive oil, whole olives, avocados, nuts and sunflower seeds.
5) Pump up soups, casseroles, mashed potatoes and liquid milk with 1 to 2 tablespoons of dry milk powder.
6) Make an appointment with a registered dietitian to develop an eating plan that will help you gain weight in a healthy way with the foods you enjoy.